There is a great video below that gives you a great way to get in a workout with a backpack and several bags of rice.
You can follow along and do the same basic exercises and you add to the difficulty by adding more weight, or more reps.
Here is what I do for my home workouts:
- Tabata Style (8 Rounds for 20 seconds, with a 10 second break between reps)
- I split it up and do with one exercise I like, and one exercise I hate
- Try to exercise good form
- I will do 2 - 3 Tabata Rounds on my days off targetting a set of major muscle groups
So for example today I am doing 3 tabata rounds with a two min break between rounds. (20 min workout)
- Round #1 - Wide Grip Push Ups, and Bicycle Crunches (20 sec push up, 10 sec break, 20 second Bicycle Crunches, 10 sec break) repeat 4 times in a row...this should last 4 min
- Round # 2 - Iso Squats with a Plate, and Mountain Climbers (20 sec Squats, 10 sec break, 20 second Mountain Climbers, 10 sec break) repeat 4 times in a row...this should last 4 min
- Round #3 - Pull Ups on the Bar, Knee ups on the Bar (20 sec Pull Ups, 10 sec break, 20 second Hanging knee ups on bar, 10 sec break) repeat 4 times in a row...this should last 4 min
Go for quality over quantity, use a timer or an APP on your Ipad to count down to 20 and give you the 10 secon break warning...record per round how many quality reps you can do, and set a goal to try and beat it by one everyday.
Enjoy this Ninja Workout....